Driver signing INF policy violation

I am having troubles getting drivers signed by Microsoft at the Hardware Dev Portal. My drivers get to the “Catalog Creation” stage when I get the following error:

“We found INF policy violations in your submission. You can download and run INF2Cat to check for violations. Please fix the INF violations, create a new submission package, and resubmit it. You can download your full error report here for more information about what went wrong and how to fix the issue.”

When I download the error report this is contained:

“No installation INF found in the root path of the driver. For the driver to be digitally signed, and for it to install properly the installation inf must be in the root of each driver path you have provided. If you have separate folders with different driver packages for different languages, operating systems or device categories then specify each driver set as a separate driver. Each driver package must be selected separately and must contain an installation INF.”

I am very confused for several reasons.

1. The only change I made from the previous driver submission, which worked, was incrementing the version number.
  2. The .CAB submission file contains the same files/architecture as the previous driver submission (with the exception of having an incremented version.)
  3. When I use INF2Cat locally it gives me no violations when I check my submission files, and correctly generates .CAT files.

What could I be doing wrong?

Update:
I guess 3rd time is the charm, I submitted the drivers again and it magically worked!