Weird looking entry at top of stack

I am staring at a crash dump that is running into an access violation exception while executing a mov instruction in VCRUNTIME140!MoveSmall (which is part of memcpy.asm code.)

My question is MoveSmall doesn’t even look like a *function*. Its a jump label where control can be transferred if necessary. I am unable to reconcile why it shows up on ‘kv’. The previous function that supposedly transferred control there is not even meant to call anything in VCRUNTIME140.

Sorry I am unable to post anything of value here because of propreitory reasons. If the question cannot be answered as is, please feel free to let me know.

On Oct 21, 2017, at 8:16 AM, xxxxx@gmail.com xxxxx@lists.osr.com wrote:

I am staring at a crash dump that is running into an access violation exception while executing a mov instruction in VCRUNTIME140!MoveSmall (which is part of memcpy.asm code.)

My question is MoveSmall doesn’t even look like a *function*. Its a jump label where control can be transferred if necessary. I am unable to reconcile why it shows up on ‘kv’. The previous function that supposedly transferred control there is not even meant to call anything in VCRUNTIME140.

The debugger doesn’t know whether something is a function or not. All has are symbols and addresses. It shows you the closest symbol to the address.

Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.