Re: Missing Headers In UMDF2 + VS2015

xxxxx@gmail.com xxxxx@lists.osr.com wrote:

Currently i just disabled Inf2Cat in VS2015 and error gone away. I will follow ur suggestion after some time. Thank You for this.

One more issue am having now.

Am building Windows7 miniport driver on VS2015. This should generate an .sys. But I doubt any wrong VS2015 template selection could end-up with below errors.

This seems specific to WPP tracing. If my Win7 driver source is having them enabled. Then VS2015 should take it by-default. Any suggestion from ur end.

The current Windows Driver Samples includes Visual Studio projects for
the netvmini sample. You don’t really have to reinvent all of this.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error wpp (FileMapping::Open) Unable to open file ‘trace.h’, error code 2 RRRBRRnetvmini C:\aa\NDIS\RRRBRRnetvmini\tracewpp 1

The sample expects to find trace.h in the base directory, not the
tracewpp folder.

Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Hi

Thanks creating for this new thread. I should have done this. Thanks

I understand the sample uses trace.h but it has no impact on my driver build. This i got to know after migrating my driver sources to netvmini sample build-tree. Thanks for this again for informing me on this.

My whole build is now stopped with below error line. What does it signifies. Do i have to select the correct path or anything else am missing. ???

MSB6006 “tracewpp.exe” exited with code 2

It seems my sources are also using RRNSSS_trace.h. Which is equal to trace.c came with the sample. But still “tracewpp.exe” error… from where it is generating ?

I have only replaced .c & .h files in sample netvmini driver nothing more than that.

And below commands are added in my sources file. Is that i have to replicate these in VS2015.

RUN_WPP= \
$(SOURCES) \
-km \
-func:DEBUGP(LEVEL,MSG,…)

Resolved this problem by selecting correct configuration in VS2015 Wpp_Trace Settings.

Fix For me:

1. Below script need to be replicated in VS2015 Wpp_Trace settings.

RUN_WPP= \
$(SOURCES) \
-km \
-func:DEBUGP(LEVEL,MSG,…)

1. Resource Script(.rc) file name must match to the project name/target binary name.(Not the solution name) .