System getting crash

Hello everyone,

I have two driver program. One is USB driver and other is Virtual com port driver. I send IOCTL request from Virtual com port driver to USB driver to sending a vendor request from USB driver to printer device. mean while i disconnect the printer. USB driver send request to printer to get printer status. After completion of request process my system getting crash.

Thank you.

sanjay jha wrote:

I have two driver program. One is USB driver and other is Virtual
com port driver. I send IOCTL request from Virtual com port driver
to USB driver to sending a vendor request from USB driver to printer
device. mean while i disconnect the printer. USB driver send request
to printer to get printer status. After completion of request process
my system getting crash.

That’s great. So did you have a question?

I have two driver program. One is USB driver and other is Virtual com port driver. I send IOCTL request from Virtual com port driver to USB driver to sending a vendor request from USB driver to printer device. mean while i disconnect the printer. USB driver send request to printer to get printer status. After completion of request process my system getting crash. Please suggest what to do?

1. attach WinDBG to the test PC or open C:\Windows\Memory.dmp from the test PC in WinDBG
  2. set the symbol path as SRV*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
  3. enter in WinDBG command line ( at system crash or when the symbol load completes for the dump file )

!analyze -v

1. provide the output here
  2. ???
  3. PROFIT!

xxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

I have two driver program. One is USB driver and other is Virtual com port driver. I send IOCTL request from Virtual com port driver to USB driver to sending a vendor request from USB driver to printer device. mean while i disconnect the printer. USB driver send request to printer to get printer status. After completion of request process my system getting crash. Please suggest what to do?

You debug the problem, either by analyzing the crash dump or attaching a
kernel debugger.

Have you enabled Driver Verifier? It is very good at pinpointing usage
problems in cases like this. You’ll still have to use a debugger to
catch the verifier failures.

Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.