skip deployment for debugging

Hi,
When I build a driver with deployment configured. It gets deployed. But why when a driver is deployed once it has to be deployed again every time that I debug?

For now I bypass deployment manually by removing the deployment check on project properties. Is there any other option in visual studio 2013 to skip unnecessary deployments?

How would you expect Visual Studio to know that deployment was unnecessary?

Thanks for reply.

How would you expect Visual Studio to know that deployment was unnecessary?

There could be many ways if they wanted. Probably the same way they use to detect unnecessary builds when you build/run a VS project.

Are you saying there is no means considered for this? deployment should happen every time I debug?

On Jul 3, 2016, at 11:51 PM, xxxxx@yahoo.com wrote:

>How would you expect Visual Studio to know that deployment was unnecessary?

There could be many ways if they wanted. Probably the same way they use to detect
unnecessary builds when you build/run a VS project.

No. When you do a build, all of the build products are under the control of Visual Studio. It knows what the outputs are, because they’re all declared in the project file. When you do a deployment, your INF and potentially some co-installers get executed. Those things are not under the control of Visual Studio, so there is no way for it to know whether all of their functions have actually happened.

Are you saying there is no means considered for this? deployment should happen every
time I debug?

I’m saying that, in practical terms, what you’re asking is impossible. Personally, I never use the Visual Studio deployment option. I want to be in control.
?
Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Thanks for the explanation