Static Driver Verifier doesn't support my NDIS driver

I have an NDIS IM driver that is a 1:N MUX, when I try to run the SDV which is required for HLK tests I get “Driver type is ‘wdf_ndis_netio_wdf’. This driver type is not supported by SDV”

Has anyone seen this error and been able to correct it?

Larry C

SDV can’t cope with drivers that use too many frameworks at once. Like a WDM-NDIS-WDF driver can’t be processed by SDV, but a WDF-NDIS or a WDM-NDIS can be. The only solution I know is to remove code that uses multiple frameworks until the driver is a form SDV will accept. If you dig down into the SDV files, there are some definitions of which hybrid combinations is says it can handle.

What’s really silly about all this that at least for some hybrid combinations, SDV will successfully run, but will also decide none of it’s tests apply. This SDV result still passes WHQL tests. You may be forced into modifying your driver, with no actual improved SDV verification, but you would get a SDV “seal of approval” so you can pass the WHQL tests.

Jan

On 6/8/16, 9:09 AM, “xxxxx@lists.osr.com on behalf of xxxxx@honeywell.com” wrote:

>I have an NDIS IM driver that is a 1:N MUX, when I try to run the SDV which is required for HLK tests I get “Driver type is ‘wdf_ndis_netio_wdf’. This driver type is not supported by SDV”
>
>Has anyone seen this error and been able to correct it?
>
>Larry C
om/page.cfm?name=ListServer>

Jan,
You were correct!

Working with MS we found that in the VS Project Properties there was an entry that was set to KMDF, changed that to WDM, did a clean build, then SDV worked fine.

Larry C