PID_0000 and VID_0000 issue

I have a USB reader, It is works well in most computer, My driver has been passed DTM in Oct-2010. But It does’t work in some computer(such as E5410, The old BIOS version is A04, I have update the BIOS to A07), There are “VID_0000-PID_0000” in details page of the device property by device manager.
I have check it by check build driver, A debug print message be outputed, It does’t find the message ind DbgView when device be pluged in.

Anyone can tell me what’s the reason?

Allen

xxxxx@sina.com wrote:

I have a USB reader, It is works well in most computer, My driver has been passed DTM in Oct-2010. But It does’t work in some computer(such as E5410, The old BIOS version is A04, I have update the BIOS to A07), There are “VID_0000-PID_0000” in details page of the device property by device manager.
I have check it by check build driver, A debug print message be outputed, It does’t find the message ind DbgView when device be pluged in.

Anyone can tell me what’s the reason?

That’s not a driver problem, that’s a hardware problem. Your device has
failed to enumerate. This can happen if your device takes too long to
respond after reset – the USB reset timing requirements are rather tight.

You will probably need a USB bus analyzer to chase this down.

Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Tim Roberts
Thank you for your help,
How to check it by analyzer, There is issure can be found in my customers, they are in another country, I can’t find it in my company, Could you give me more suggestions? Thank you.

Allen

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 11:52 PM, wrote:
> I have a USB reader, It is works well in most computer, My driver has been passed DTM in Oct-2010. But It does’t work in some computer(such as E5410, The old BIOS version is A04, I have update the BIOS to A07), There are “VID_0000-PID_0000” in details page of the device property by device manager.
> I have check it by check build driver, A debug print message be outputed, It does’t find the message ind DbgView when device be pluged in.
>
> Anyone can tell me what’s the reason?
>
> Allen

It’s not a software issue. There was set of posts on MS Windows USB
Core Team Blog about device enumeration process and, among other
things, description of hardware problems that are leading to
enumeration failures:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/archive/2009/10/31/how-does-usb-stack-enumerate-a-device.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/archive/2009/11/03/why-is-my-usb-device-not-detected-or-comes-up-as-unknown-device_3F00_.aspx

Kris

Kris,
Thank you for your answer, I’ll check it

Allen