Changing a registry setting in a custom class on driver upgrade

I’m changing how we display our property pages for a custom PCI card. Previously we used a co-installer to create the device property pages, but with the recent changes to Microsoft’s Hardware Signing Portal, it now rejects the method we were using (Installer32). I’ve modified the DLL and INF supplied with the driver to use the (EnumPropPages32) way to show the property pages. This works fine with a clean OS never having the driver installed, but when trying to upgrade the driver in the device manager, it will not make any changes in the registry settings created from an older install. I’ve read online in the Microsoft help pages that if a custom class is already defined in the registry, the [ClassInstall32] section is ignored when a driver is updated. Any AddReg or DelReg entries are ignored under the [ClassInstall32] section. It also looks as though the DelReg directive is deprecated, so making any changes via the INF file is probably not possible.

Basically, I need to delete the registry setting (Installer32) and add a (ClassInstall32) under my driver class with a new DLL and exported function.

Is there a means to do this in the INF file itself, or should this be done by the Installer application?

Thanks
Todd