dbgview64

Hello all.
Who can suggest.
Why does dbgview64 often disappear from the screen․ Disappears also his process

And the second question.
I am developing some kind of diver. Recently, after I installed a Hyper-v virtual machine on my computer, when I try to install again my driver, Windows installs some old version of my driver instead of the one I assign. This issue occurred after I installed Hyper-v. I disabled Hyper-V. It does not run.
may be Hyper-v has changed some system politics. How can I rechange it.
Thank You.

How to stop the blue screen for careful reading. It is appears for a few seconds and disappears

(1) I have never seen dbgview disappear from the screen.
(2) The only way it can get an older copy is if it was present on your system in the driver store and Windows automatically picked it.
(3) Each blue screen results in at least a mini-dump, and if you configure it, a full dump. You can analyze the dump at your leisure.

Thank you Mr. Tim_Roberts.

1. I’ve been working on this project for 8 months now and dbgview was always disappear. I can take a photo and send it to you.
  2. I know it. It is present on my system in the driver store and in \Windows\LastGood.tmp.… . But this problem has only recently arisen. Now when I try to update the driver after changing the source code on another computer, it installs some old version instead of the one I just changed. How to debug a driver if I can’t load a new version of a driver I’m developing
  3. Please send me a link where I can read how to do it.
    Thanks for your helpful help.

I already found the answer to the third question.

To solve the second problem, I am doing reinstallation of my computer again

1. DbgView64 has a bug in it. I think there is an invalid access, don’t have the memory file around. Use DbgView32 and that can install a 64 bit driver for kernel logs filtering.

Thank You

@Calin_Iaru said:

1. DbgView64 has a bug in it. I think there is an invalid access, don’t have the memory file around. Use DbgView32 and that can install a 64 bit driver for kernel logs filtering.

Interesting. I have problems with DebugView64 as well for debugging libusb-win32 libusb0.sys in upper filter driver mode on an FTDI FT232 USB to Serial converter. DebugView64 just crash after I run the libusb based console application. I will try the 32bit DebugView.

Indeed DebugView Win32 version works well. Now I can capture the debug messages from libusb0.sys (1.2.6.0 debug version). No more crashing issues like DebugView x64 version.

If people are interested, it is quite easy to reproduce the issue.

1. Install libusb0.sys as the upper filter driver for a typical FT232R USB to Serial Adapter with FTDI vendor driver
  2. Run DebugView x64 as admin
  3. Run libusb Windows example program like testlibusb.
  4. DebugView x64 will disappear
  5. DebugView Win32 has no such issue.

Note: the filter driver apparently does not work well for this device. But DebugView x64 should not crash.

Reference: https://github.com/libusb/libusb/issues/1019#issuecomment-1455753772

It also crashes when I start VC2023. Before that, I listen to the growing sound of the cooler. The processor is working more actively. But nothing shows up in the Performance tab of Task Manager.