Microsoft signing - multiple submissions

Greetings,

I am new to the signing process, I have read the MSFT documentation, but I dont seem to understand a few things regarding the signing process.
What bugs my mind is the submission vs product differentiation. I have created an attestation product and a submission for it. Driver was signed successfully. But now I want to upload another version. So my 1) question is Can I submit another version of the driver under the old product and how do I do it if is possible? Or do I have to create a new product for every version of the driver I submit? I have also tried the API, but I received an error saying that initial submission already exists and a derived submission is not possible for the product type. The 2) question is, if I need to create a product per submission, how do I do versioning properly - what are the best practices? Do I just add version or build number to the product name?

Thanks,
Stefan

The product thing is irrelevant – it’s just commentary to help you keep track of your submissions. Do whatever is convenient for you.

Thanks for the info!