Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV

Before Posting...

Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

OSR FX2 Remote wake up feature

ChandraTutikaChandraTutika Member Posts: 7

Hi All,
I have been using the OSR FX2 board for the past month to understand the basics of USB controls/transfers/power management etc.
The board has a remote wake-up feature which does not come up with documentation to understand it better.
Also, I have a few questions about power management.

Here are the questions I have now:

• How do I push the board to D2/D3 state? How do I check if the board entered that state or not?
• How do I exercise the remote wake-up functionality of the board?
o Here is what I am trying to arrive at.
o I have connected the board to my laptop and let the laptop go to sleep.
o Once I press the remote wake-up button on the board, the laptop should be back from sleep.
o Please correct me if I am wrong in understanding the remote wakeup functionality.
• I was unable to set a power policy using WinUSB_SetPowerPolicy. As per https://www.osr.com/nt-insider/2009-issue2/using-winusb-user-mode-usb-device-communication/, the documentation for the API is indeed wrong. Also, as per the link, a registry key needs to be set to enable the feature. Can you guide me on the registry key and the values to be set?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments