Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV

Before Posting...

Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

A question about FWPS_FIELD_ALE_CONNECT_REDIRECT_V4_IP_PROTOCOL in WFP

liangdodoliangdodo Member Posts: 9

Hello everyone!
I have a question about WFP that I've been looking for for a long time and can't find an answer, I hope to get an answer here.
I want to get the protocol number of the transport layer in the callback function of the FWPM_LAYER_ALE_CONNECT_REDIRECT_V4 filter layer, such as: TCP=6 or UDP=17, but I can't seem to get them.
I tried to get them with: inFixedValues->incomingValue[FWPS_FIELD_ALE_CONNECT_REDIRECT_V4_IP_PROTOCOL].value.uint16 in the callback function, but couldn't get the correct answer.
The sample code is as follows:

VOID NTAPI AleConnectRedirectFn(
    IN const FWPS_INCOMING_VALUES* inFixedValues,
    IN const FWPS_INCOMING_METADATA_VALUES* inMetaValues,
    IN OUT VOID* layerData,
    IN const void* classifyContext,
    IN const FWPS_FILTER* filter,
    IN UINT64  flowContext,
    IN OUT FWPS_CLASSIFY_OUT* classifyOut
) {
    UINT64 classifyHandle = 0;
    NTSTATUS status;
    FWPS_CONNECT_REQUEST* connectRequest;
    ULONG  localIp, remoteIp;
    UINT16 localPort, remotePort;
    HANDLE redirectHandle = NULL;
    KIRQL currentIrql = KeGetCurrentIrql();
    UINT64 processId = 0;
    UNICODE_STRING ipV4;
    UINT16 protocol = 0;
    UCHAR* processName = NULL;

SOCKADDR_IN* remoteAddr = NULL;
    SOCKADDR_IN* localAddr = NULL;

UINT32 localAddrIp = 0;
    UINT16 localAddrPort = 0;
    UINT32 remoteAddrIp = 0;
    UINT16 remoteAddrPort = 0;

if (!FWPS_IS_METADATA_FIELD_PRESENT(inMetaValues, FWPS_METADATA_FIELD_PROCESS_ID)) {
        DbgPrint("AleConnectRedirectFn::persent FWPS_METADATA_FIELD_PROCESS_ID fail.\n");
        goto Exit;
    }

//GetProcessName
    processId = inMetaValues->processId;
    processName = GetProcessNameByProcessId(processId);

if (processName == NULL) {
        DbgPrint("AleConnectRedirectFn::GetProcessNameByProcessId is NULL.\n");
        goto Exit;
    }

//MatchProcessName
    if (!MatchProcessName(processName, g_pWfpGlobal->config.redirectProcessName)) {
        classifyOut->actionType = FWP_ACTION_PERMIT;
        goto Exit;
    }

DbgPrint("AleConnectRedirectFn::Filer processName=%s\n",processName);

#if(NTDDI_VERSION >= NTDDI_WIN8)
    //do something...
#endif

status = FwpsAcquireClassifyHandle((void*)classifyContext, (UINT32)0, &classifyHandle);

if (!NT_SUCCESS(status)) {
        DbgPrint("AleConnectRedirectFn::Failure to aquire classify handle.\n");
        goto Exit;
    }

status = FwpsAcquireWritableLayerDataPointer(classifyHandle, filter->filterId, 0, &connectRequest, classifyOut);

if (!NT_SUCCESS(status)) {
        DbgPrint("AleConnectRedirectFn::Failure to aquire classify handle.\n");
        goto Exit;
    }

remoteAddr = (SOCKADDR_IN*)&connectRequest->remoteAddressAndPort;
    localAddr = (SOCKADDR_IN*)&connectRequest->localAddressAndPort;

localAddrIp = localAddr->sin_addr.S_un.S_addr;
    localAddrPort = localAddr->sin_port;
    remoteAddrIp = remoteAddr->sin_addr.S_un.S_addr;//remote ip
    remoteAddrPort = remoteAddr->sin_port;//remote port

//......

protocol = inFixedValues->incomingValue[FWPS_FIELD_ALE_CONNECT_REDIRECT_V4_IP_PROTOCOL].value.uint16; //**The correct protocol number cannot be obtained here**

//do something ......

thank you very much!

Comments

• senninsennin Member Posts: 26

Hi,
    did you try this?
    if (inFixedValues->incomingValue[FWPS_FIELD_ALE_CONNECT_REDIRECT_V4_IP_PROTOCOL].value.uint8 == IPPROTO_UDP)
    {

• liangdodoliangdodo Member Posts: 9

@sennin said:
    Hi,
    did you try this?
    if (inFixedValues->incomingValue[FWPS_FIELD_ALE_CONNECT_REDIRECT_V4_IP_PROTOCOL].value.uint8 == IPPROTO_UDP)
    {

Wow, I'm so happy that using uint8 actually gets the correct result, which is pretty cool! Thank you very much for your reply.
    In addition, I found that using protocol = inFixedValues->incomingValue[FWPS_FIELD_ALE_AUTH_CONNECT_V4_IP_PROTOCOL].value.uint16 in the callback function of the FWPM_LAYER_ALE_AUTH_CONNECT_V4 layer can get the correct data, which makes me a little confused, is this data type uint8 or uint16?

• senninsennin Member Posts: 26

@liangdodo said:

@sennin said:
    Hi,
    did you try this?
    {

Wow, I'm so happy that using uint8 actually gets the correct result, which is pretty cool! Thank you very much for your reply.
    In addition, I found that using protocol = inFixedValues->incomingValue[FWPS_FIELD_ALE_AUTH_CONNECT_V4_IP_PROTOCOL].value.uint16 in the callback function of the FWPM_LAYER_ALE_AUTH_CONNECT_V4 layer can get the correct data, which makes me a little confused, is this data type uint8 or uint16?

hxxps://github.com/tpn/winsdk-10/blob/master/Include/10.0.16299.0/shared/fwpstypes.idl#L367

@sennin Thanks my friend, nice to meet you, I am a beginner, please advise :D .

• Tim_RobertsTim_Roberts Member - All Emails Posts: 14,349

I don't know why he shrouded the link. He's trying to point you to the include file for that structure, which shows the data types:
    https://github.com/tpn/winsdk-10/blob/master/Include/10.0.16299.0/shared/fwpstypes.idl#L367
    Always go to the source when you can.

Tim Roberts, [email protected]
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

@Tim_Roberts He may have made a typo, I saw this document, thank you very much for the correction.