Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV

Before Posting...

Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Getting WDFDEVICE from WDFOBJECT

ajitabhsajitabhs Member Posts: 67

Hi All,

In my KMDF function driver, I need to create a bunch of WDFOBJECTS (they have some parent and child hierarchy)and then during their cleanup callback, need to delete those by firing a command to hardware. I am initiating the cleanup from "EvtPreInterruptDisable" by deleting the TOP WDF object, so that entire chain on cleanup callbacks get called. My problem is that in every cleanup
I get a WDFOBJECT which I am cleaning up.

Is there a way I can get my DeviceExtension or my FDO (so that I can get my DeviceExtension)?
I can always save my device extension in the context of the object that I create then get it from there, but just wondering if there is a better way to do it.

Thanks
Aj

Comments