Sd card driver development- test application

Hi,
I reviewed the sd card miniport driver example (Windows Driver Samples). Is there any test application for this driver? Some drivers have a test application, but I could not find a test application for it.
My goal is send commands to the sd card in Windows operating system. I tried sending command using sd Ioctl structure, it didn’t work. Is there a driver (filter, function, bus, miniport…) or app you can recommend to send the commands (cmd48, cmd49 …) to the sd card?

What do you plan to do with this? An SD card is just a mass storage device. You use it like you use any mass storage device.

There are demands for adding extension functions in the SD Memory Card. Accordings to sd spec (part1_physical layer spec v4.1), 4 new commands and extension function is introduced to use extension register space in sd card. Currently, there are sd cards on the market that support these commands. These commands are supported in new versions of Linux. I’m looking for an environment to be able to test these commands on Windows.

According to MSDN doc,
"
Certain restrictions apply to Secure Digital (SD) card device drivers that manage a function on an SD combo or multifunction card. The driver stacks for the various card functions on a multifunction card must operate independently of one another. To ensure this independence, the bus driver rejects the following operations:

SD commands that change the device state, such as SELECT_CARD.

SD I/O commands that specify function zero but are outside the range of the address specified in the function basic register (FBR).

SD I/O commands that specify a function number of a different device stack.
"

Does this mean that commands cannot be sent to the sd card even at the driver level (filter or function driver)? Is it necessary to go down to the bus driver level for this?

Does this mean that commands cannot be send to the sd card even at the driver level…?

Did you notice that clause specifically applies to “[SD] card device drivers that manage a function on an SD combo or multifunction card”? Do you have a combo or multifunction card?

I am not a mass storage guy, but I believe IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH and related commands are designed for exactly this purpose.

Thank you for your answer, yes i didn’t notice that point. I will investigate this ioctl a bit. With this ioctl it can be send sd commands to regular sd card (not combo or multifunction) inserted in sd port, worth a try at least, right?