SCSI ALUA support in a Storport Miniport Driver.

Hi All,

I am adding SCSI ALUA support in a Storport Miniport Drivers. I did the following as per SPC-3 specification

1. Set the ALUA field in SCSI standard inquiry data.
  2. Added the Relative target port identifier format & Target port group identifier format in Device Identification VPD.
  3. Added REPORT TARGET PORT GROUPS response.

On loading the driver i response to following SCSI commands REPORT LUNS, 5 INQUIRY ( Standard INQUIRY data, Supported VPD pages, Device Identification VPD page, Unit Serial Number, Standard INQUIRY data) and REPORT TARGET PORT GROUPS. After receiving REPORT TARGET PORT GROUPS i get the following error

“An error occurred while the system tried to claim a Multipath I/O (MPIO) path. The location of the failing path is described by the SCSI address (4, 0, 0, 0) (Port, Bus, Target, Lun). To resolve this issue, either reboot the system, or show hidden devices in Device Manager and try uninstalling the specific disk device indicated above, and then rescan for hardware changes.”

Please help me make sense of this error in relation to ALUA. How to debug this kind of issue in Windows Storage stack?