Provisioning testing via VS2019 fails with WDTF runtime library installation

This log is from C:\DriverTest\Logs\Windows Driver Testing Framework (WDTF) Runtime Libraries-x64_en-us.msi_install
{code}
Hello, I’m your 64bit Impersonated custom action server.
MSI (s) (B8:24) [08:50:20:984]: Note: 1: 1723 2: WDTFInstall_InstallIoSpyFilterDriver 3: WDTFInstallIoSpyFilterDriver 4: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Testing\Runtimes\WDTF\RunTime\WDTFInstall.DLL
CustomAction WDTFInstall_InstallIoSpyFilterDriver returned actual error code 1157 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)
MSI (s) (B8:24) [08:50:20:984]: Product: Windows Driver Testing Framework (WDTF) Runtime Libraries – Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action WDTFInstall_InstallIoSpyFilterDriver, entry: WDTFInstallIoSpyFilterDriver, library: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Testing\Runtimes\WDTF\RunTime\WDTFInstall.DLL

Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action WDTFInstall_InstallIoSpyFilterDriver, entry: WDTFInstallIoSpyFilterDriver, library: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Testing\Runtimes\WDTF\RunTime\WDTFInstall.DLL
12/14/2021 08:50:20.984 [4280]: Assembly Install: Failing with hr=80070005 at RemoveDirectoryAndChildren, line 393
{code}

Any clue what might be happening. I was following instructions from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/gettingstarted/provision-a-target-computer-wdk-8-1
to provision a test box and WDTF doesn’t seem to be installing. On VS2019 interface I get:
{code}
ERROR: Task “Installing driver test framework” failed to complete successfully. Look at the logs in the driver test group explorer for more details on the failure
{code}

Any clues/suggestions would be great?

I am running Version 16.11.7 VS2019 on Windows 10 host Version 21H2. WDK 10.1.22000.1 (same as test box). of course I followed all steps in link to setup a target for testing. I ran this multiple times but unfortunatley didn’t help.

Just for record this was solved. I upgraded Windows to Windows 11 on both host and target and that seemed to have solved the issue. Most likely latest tools don’t work well when host and target are running even slightly different versions of Windows 10. Sorry for noise. The idea came from known issues with this:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/wdk-known-issues#windows-device-testing-framework-wdtf-tests-now-only-run-on-systems-with-matching-windows-10-versions-as-the-wdk

I had the very same error whilst provisioning testing on VS2022 and after few experiment I found out that it’s the target that must run on Windows 11 22H2 not strictly the host which is my case is still Windows 10 22H2, however both must have the same WDK version installed.

Hope it helps