Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTFSD

Before Posting...

Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Memory leak of StreamHandle context

AnowAnow Member Posts: 1
edited November 2021 in NTFSD

I have a problem of using minifilter.
I use StreamHandle context in pre-setinfo to store the target file name information of FileRenameInformation. The target file name buffer in StreamHandle context is allocated from NonPagedPool in pre-setinfo.
Then passed the context to CompletionContext. In the post-setinfo, call FltReleaseContext released the context. And the target file name buffer is released in the ContextRegistration.
Also, when FLTFL_POST_OPERATION_DRAINING flag is on, called the FltReleaseContext and return FLT_POSTOP_FINISHED_PROCESSING.
But sometimes get BSOD when using the verifier, and the dump file shows a memory leak problem when driver unload.

Sorry for my poor english. Can anyone help me?