Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Before Posting...

Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

Network Bridge Advice W10

mwxmwx Member Posts: 1

I am looking for advice for writing a network bridge for Windows 10. The Windows 10 supplied bridge is unreliable and timing on boot interfering with an Intel Phi card completing its boot and configuring its network. It also seems to think the thing needing bridging is the network attached adapter and is trying to bridge for the really connected one. I got something from SoftPerfect Bandwidth Manager - Online user manual, Internal Bridging which works, but I would like to learn and write my own. Does this even require a driver or is it possible otherwise? This a hobby thing for a retired person with VS Professional subscription, C,C++ proficiency. HW is a hp z620 with two ethernet and the Intel Phi 3120a using "HostIPAddress" and "IPAddress".