Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Before Posting...

Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

Help to handle volume and mute control of virtual speaker

baltbalt Member Posts: 13

Hi all,
I want to leave OS handle volume and mute of my virtual speaker. I tried to change KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_VOLUMELEVEL to null, but I have some problem.
1. Mute button of virtual speaker not work.
2. Maximum of output audio is the value of the system volume at the time of swtiching to virtual speaker. Example, I set system volume to 10, then switch to virtual speaker. At this time, value volume of virtual speaker is 100. When I change value volume of virtual speaker from 0 to 100, the output audio volume change from 0 to 10, and sounds very small.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Tim_RobertsTim_Roberts Member - All Emails Posts: 14,093

As long as you claim to handle KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_VOLUMELEVEL and KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_MUTE, the system assumes you want to handle them. What you need to do is remove those entries from your property table altogether. That also means removing the volume and mute nodes from your topology filter, which means you'll need to redo your connection descriptors. Just remove all evidence of volume and mute.

Tim Roberts, [email protected]
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

• kailamacekailamace Member Posts: 1

Thanks for the detailed explanation