KsPosTst doesn't work over remote machine (using te.exe /runon)

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to use te.exe to run tests in KsPosTst.dll in a remote machine, i.e.:

te.exe KsPosTst.dll /p:“InstanceId=edited” /runon:TARGETMACHINE

and I’m getting:

Error: Error: TAEF: [HRESULT: 0x8007007E] A failure occurred while preparing to run tests in ‘KsPosTst.dll’. (Failed to load “C:\ProgramData\Taef\RemoteTests\KsPosTst\KsPosTst.dll” or one of its dependencies.)

Looks like a dependency of KsPosTsts.dll is not there on the remote machine. But then I copy KsPosTst.dll to the remote machine and run te.exe locally and it runs just fine.

Another bit that confuses me is that it looks like it is enumerating endpoints on the local machine running te.exe instead of the remote target machine as the initial output I see is totally different when running from the local machine and then when running locally over the remote machine:

When running te.exe with /runon to a target machine:

Test Authoring and Execution Framework v10.58k for x64
In BuildResourceList
Selected device ID: xxx
Found 2 viable endpoint(s)!
Enumerated 0 resources

TAEF: Target deployment directory: C:\ProgramData\Taef\RemoteTests\x64
TAEF: Target deployment directory: C:\ProgramData\Taef\RemoteTests\KsPosTst\

When running te.exe locally on the target machine:

Test Authoring and Execution Framework v10.58k for x64
In BuildResourceList
Selected device ID: xxx
Found 7 viable endpoint(s)!

This leads me to believe KsPosTst.dll may not be prepared to be run with /runon at all?

Anyone with experience on these tests that can shed some light?

Thanks!

Odd … have you run “depends” [https://www.dependencywalker.com/] on the .exe and made sure that of the DLL’s listed there are on the remote machine?

I did that using dumpbin.exe /DEPENDENTS which list all dependencies.

The fact that I can run te.exe KsPosTst.dll locally on the remote machine by just copy the test .dll and nothing more leads me to believe the target machine has all required dependencies for running it.

The problem arises when te.exe /runon is involved… and also the fact that it seems to be enumerating endpoints on the local machine instead of the remote one isn’t a good sign…