Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTFSD

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Before Posting...

Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

Minifilter. Analog of the ZwOpenSection function

Rude_Childish_NameRude_Childish_Name Member Posts: 3

Hi everyone. I need to pass information from the client application to the minifilter.
I thought to make it a section (ZwCreateSection, ZwOpenSection), but I didn't find an api for these functions

Found only for working with Pipe (FltCreateNamedPipeFile). Can you tell me can work with sections in minifilters?

Comments

• rod_widdowsonrod_widdowson Member - All Emails Posts: 1,188

There is nothing stopping you from using any Zw Functions. Obviously file ones require care and are often better replaced by Flt ones. But (for instance) there are no Flt functions for reading the registry.

But you need to be aware there are other ways to communicate between umode and k mode.

• Sergey_PisarevSergey_Pisarev Member - All Emails Posts: 274

OP you may consider changing your name.
    While I haven't found the rule that forbids use of derogatory terms as a name I pretty sure that this is against the spirit of this community.
    In my opinion OSR is the home for software engineers and not edgy teenagers.

And just use FltCreateCommunicationPort.

• Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)Peter_Viscarola_(OSR) Administrator Posts: 8,399
    edited March 20

One “complaint” is enough for me. Change your display name in 24 hours or I’ll change it for you.

Peter

Post edited by Peter_Viscarola_(OSR) on

Peter Viscarola
    OSR
    @OSRDrivers

• Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)Peter_Viscarola_(OSR) Administrator Posts: 8,399

@Rude_Childish_Name ... Name changed!

Peter Viscarola
    OSR
    @OSRDrivers