Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV
Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Filtering Mouse Input

scrollwheelscrollwheel Member Posts: 1
edited September 22 in NTDEV

Hey guys,

the problem I am having is that I can not seem to find an easy way to let my mouse stop recognising a certain type of input if it has been recognised for x amount of times within a set amount of time. I specifically want the scrollwheel, when spinned downwards, to only accept a maximum of 2 scrolls as input and neglect the others when it is in a time frame of about 0.5 seconds.

I am completely new to this field and I am probably not able to create a solution by myself, which is why I am hoping to find someone here, who is capable and willing to help me with this unique problem.

Thank you

Comments

• Tim_RobertsTim_Roberts Member - All Emails Posts: 13,627

Why? What do you think you're going to accomplish with this? Scroll wheels roll way faster than that. A scroll wheel limited to 4 clicks per second would be very annoying to use.

No one is going to do this for you. There is a mouse filter sample in the Windows driver samples, but you have some reading to do, both about Windows drivers and about mice hardware.

Tim Roberts, [email protected]
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.