Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV
Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Using SysVAD to simulate interface with OS Speech Platform

sagi_zarsagi_zar Member - All Emails Posts: 20

Hi,

I need to implement a solution that interact with Microsoft voice assistant system.
According to MSDN I need to implement a "keyword detector" COM and an audio driver with the "Wave RT" enhancements.
Microsoft urge to use the SysVAD sample as a base driver for this purpose.
Does anyone used this sample to interact with the speech platform?
I saw that the COM was installed, but I'm not sure how I can run this sample to make it interact with the speech platform via the "keyword detector" COM.
Do you know if in order to interact with the speech platform, my driver need to export full regular mic interface or it can only inject audio stream when a keyword is detected by the HW.
any help or points to look at will be great.

Thanks,
Sagi

Comments

• glewis9999glewis9999 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 13

In the HLK, you can run tests that run by just calling the COM interface directly in the driver, that is the KeywordDetector COM DLL and the SoundDetector properties.

Post edited by glewis9999 on
  • sagi_zarsagi_zar Member - All Emails Posts: 20

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply, but I'm not looking on how to test the code.
    I want to understand what makes the OS call the COM interface.
    I have a HW that is capable of doing key word spotting and raise an interrupt once a specific phrase is said and send the buffered data to the driver.
    What I want now is to implement the needed interface to integrate this with Windows voice assistant.
    I'm trying to learn this from the sysvad sample, but fail to make the OS interact with the voice assistant interface in the COM or the audio driver.
    Any suggestions or guidance will be great.
    Thanks,
    Sagi

• MBond2MBond2 Member Posts: 138

COM usually refers to Component Object Model (a UM concept) or a standard kind of serial port. I don't understand either in the context of this question, but I suspect the UM concept given the re the user of the word interface. I have no idea of what your problem is, but this might help to clarify your problem - usually an important precursor to solving one

• Tim_RobertsTim_Roberts Member - All Emails Posts: 13,483

Audio drivers use the concept of COM interfaces in both user-mode and kernel-mode.

Tim Roberts, [email protected]
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

• MBond2MBond2 Member Posts: 138

I learn somthing new every day