Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV
Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Tool to capture detailed logs from Windows inbox drivers

lokichittilokichitti Member Posts: 77
Hello All
Can anyone suggest me any tool for windows 10 or windows iot core to capture detailed trace logs. However we are using Trace view tool, but with this tool we are not getting API names which is causing the error. Please name us a tool which help us in getting this logs with API/Function names.

Regards
Lokesh

Comments

• MBond2MBond2 Member Posts: 196

Do you mean that you need to setup debug symbols?

• Tim_RobertsTim_Roberts Member - All Emails Posts: 13,627

Show us EXAMPLES. What do you see, and what do you expect to see? Note that Murphy's Law guarantees that whatever event you want to see is not going to be one that the author chose to fire.

Tim Roberts, [email protected]
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

• lokichittilokichitti Member Posts: 77

Hello Tim
    On Windows 10 I am getting trace logs for ufxsynpsys driver as below screenshot when I capture it using Trace view tool.

However I am not able to run Trace view on Windows IOT Core. But by using device portal I could capture logs for some of the microsof inbox drivers, but unable to see option to get logs fro ufxsynopsys driver. So I wanted any tool or procedure on how to collect the trace logs of ufxsynopsys driver on windows IOT Core

• Eric_WittmayerEric_Wittmayer Member Posts: 50

How about an event tracing session using either the registry or command line. I believe that is what traceview is doing.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/etw/controlling-event-tracing-sessions

For automatically starting the trace, you can setup an autologger.

I don't know if this works in the IOT core.