Need a reference board details for OTG device side driver development on WIndows

Hello Experts
Can you please suggest me any training board for our reference, where OTG device mode drivers are already implemented for Windows IoT Core platform.?
We are trying to dvelop the following drivers which is explained in the following link on IoT core.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/learn-about-hardware/usb-support

So here we are looking for any Intel board running on windows(good if it runs on Windows IoT Core as well) acts as a USB DEVICE when we connect that board to any HOST PC through USB Type B cable.
Can anyone please suggest me a good reference board for our requirement.
If any OSR training board supports this feature would be greately welcomed, as we knew we also get good support for the same.

Thank you & best regards
Lokesh

Did your board vendor provide a BSP with samples? They will often provide everything you need to exploit the specific hardware on their device.

Hello Tim
In our board OTG device mode support is not enabled for Windows platform, we need to develop it by our own. So we thought of getting a training board where we can explore how it has done. And it would be easy for us to follow the same procedure on our custom board as well.
Can you please suggest us one such good board if available in the market with the said functionality enabled in it?

We have found DragonBoard410c supports OTG device mode on Windows IoT core, however it is built on ARM processor, but I am expecting to get any Intel processor board where usb OTG device mode is enabled for windows. Since we are also trying to enable usb OTG device mode on Intel atom processor only.
https://developer.qualcomm.com/hardware/dragonboard-410c

Kindly suggest us any such board if you known.
Thank you & Regards
Lokeshh

OTG device mode support is not enabled for Windows platform, we need to develop it by our own.

Not at all? If they don’t provide a “role-switching” driver for the host controller, then you’re screwed. You need to find a different IoT board. The processor shouldn’t matter-- you just recompile the code.

1 Like

Thank you for the response Tim,

Not at all? If they don’t provide a “role-switching” driver for the host controller, then you’re screwed. You need to find a different IoT board.
Actually this is where we are facing issue, that is why I am thinking to have a full pledged board for our reference. Here actually we ourself need to develop the role-switching driver as well. However it may not be needed as we going to use the dedicated port only as a Device port.

I think it doesn’t matter. The point is that Windows knows how to drive a host controller as a host. It doesn’t know how to use a host controller as a device. That’s always going to need OEM support.

However it may not be needed as we going to use the dedicated port only as a Device port.

So do you want only to make some specific (Atom) board to act as USB device?
What kind of OTG controller does it have?
Which device class and performance do you need (full speed, high, super)?

(By the way, isn’t the old OTG deprecated in favor of new type C role switch?)

– pa