OSR Driver Loader source?

There was mention at some point (around the time of the old–>new forum migration) of putting the OSR Driver Loader source up on GitHub or some other public / OSS repository.

Did that ever happen? I may need to write some code soon with similar functionality, and it sounds like it would make a great reference.

Cheers,

–Scott

I seriously doubt that I could even find the source code for OSR Driver Loader at this point. If I could find it, I can guarantee you it wouldn’t build in any recent version of Visual Studio.

Having said that, I don’t think it’d provide much value. The Service Control Manager API to install a service is easy to use (if a bit unwieldy due to all the parameters).

If I can FIND the source code for Driver Loader I’ll be more than happy to put it up on GitHub. But shit… that utility predates the dawn of time. Almost nobody has used it, since the dawn of PnP and that was… what… 20+ years ago??

Peter

OK, thanks for the reply. I thought it might be newer than the devcon source code, which looks to be about 20 years old. It might be good to have a look at it, just to see what the functionality was; I’m toying with the idea of writing a few little tools (that I’ll probably post up on GitHub).

In either case, I’ll check out the Service Control Manager API for whatever I’m going to implement.

Cheers!

I actually use it often.
You modified it a few years after FltMgr became available. Or at least it
took me a few years to dl a new version :slight_smile:

Kind regards, Dejan.

since tha API in question has not altered in around 30 years, the use of 20 year old source should not disturbe you much