Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

Anyway to do PCIe Re-enumeration after the OS boot?

Muthazhagan_ArulbalasubramaniMuthazhagan_Arulbalasubramani Member - All Emails Posts: 17
Hi All,

I have a PCIe based SSD which supports virtualization. I am trying to use it on a normal desktop Windows 10 PC(enabled Virtualization in BIOS). Basically I wanted to expose my device's virtual functions to the OS.
So After the OS boot, I went to the SRIOV capability of my device and written some value in "NumVF" register(number is less than TotalVF). Now all I wanted is to do once again PCIe enumeration, So that I can see the virtual functions in the OS.

Are there anyway can this be achieved?

Methods I have tried:
1) After changing "NumVF", tried disabling and enabling the PCI Brdige where my device is connected. But no use.
Even tried Secondary bus level reset, but still no use.

2) using Devcon rescanning once again also didn't help.

Thanks In advance,
Muthu

Comments

• Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)Peter_Viscarola_(OSR) Administrator Posts: 7,583

Are there anyway can this be achieved?

I am not aware of any currently.

Over the past year, I have heard of several very specific use-cases for bus reset/rescan... but my understanding that to date MSFT has always said “no”.

Peter

Peter Viscarola
    OSR
    @OSRDrivers