Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV
Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

WFP: Associating a flowContext at ALE_CONNECT layer

john-7john-7 Member Posts: 22

I am writing a WFP driver to perform deep inspection at the Stream layer.
A context is associated at ALE_CONNECT (Connect layer) using FwpsFlowAssociateContext.
There is a specific need to associate a context in the Connect layer.

However for FlowEstablishedClassify or StreamClassify callouts, WFP passes the flowContext as 0.
Hence I am not able to dereference my context and perform the deep inspection at the stream layer.
Please let me know if there is anything I am missing here.
When the flow gets closed WFP calls AleConnectFlowDeleteFn() with the correct context which wad allocated during AleConnectClassify()

Comments