Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Sept/Oct 2019 Issue of The NT Insider available

Download PDF here: http://insider.osr.com/2019/ntinsider_2019_01.pdf

It’s a particularly BIG issue, too: 40 pages of technical goodness, ranging from WDF to Minifilters. Check it out.
Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

Changing MSI Interrupt Affinity

msrmsr Member Posts: 339

Hi

I have multiple MSI vectors. Is it possible to change the affinity of all these?

• In EvtDeviceF1ilterRemoveResourceRequirements, do I have to do anything?
    Can/Should I remove any CmResourceTypeInterruptthat is not MSI, not IO_RESOURCE_PREFERRED, not CmResourceShareDeviceExclusive?

• Where do I change the PIO_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR.AffinityPolicy/TargetedProcessors? in Add or Remove?
    I would like to change above to IrqPolicySpecifiedProcessors and (KAFFINITY) 1 << x;

• Then do I need to do anything in EvtDeviceRemoveAddedResources()?

• In INF I added DevicePolicy/AssignmentSetOverride, but did not have any effect
    HKR, Interrupt Management, , 0x00000010
    HKR, Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties,,0x00000010
    HKR, Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties,MSISupported,%RegTypeDW%,1
    HKR, Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties,MessageNumberLimit,%RegTypeDW%,2 ; available 8
    HKR, "Interrupt Management\Affinity Policy", DevicePolicy, 0x00010001, 4 ; AffinityPolicy = IrqPolicySpecifiedProcessors
    HKR, "Interrupt Management\Affinity Policy", AssignmentSetOverride, 0x00010001, 2 ; TargetedProcessors = 2

• Also is the possible to increase/decrease the MSI vectors (i.e MultipleMsgEnable, bounded by MultipleMsgCapablelimit). If so in which function it should be done?

Thanks