Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Sept/Oct 2019 Issue of The NT Insider available

Download PDF here: http://insider.osr.com/2019/ntinsider_2019_01.pdf

It’s a particularly BIG issue, too: 40 pages of technical goodness, ranging from WDF to Minifilters. Check it out.
Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

unresolved external symbol "__lookuptable_s" in "ntstrsafe.lib"

NateWangNateWang Member Posts: 1

Hi,

I had an old driver which was build under WDK7600 by ddkbuild.cmd in VisualStudio2008, I would like to migrate the build environment to VisualStudio 2017 with WDK10.
In VisualStudio 2017, I created a new project from KMDF sample, and then add all my source codes inside the project.

At the first time build, I got error as below

from some posts of this forum, I added the path of ntstrsafe.lib in "Additional Dependencies" under "Linker"->"Input" to solve the error

then I got the error below

It seems ntstrsafe.lib is referring to an unresolved external symbol "__lookuptable_s", I had searched inside this forum to my best but cannot find anything related, very appreciated for any help.