Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

XPS Pipeline Filter Install fails with "Unable to install printer"

PacketGuyPacketGuy Member Posts: 10

Used this microsoft XPS pipeline filter sample to create a driver. Haven't added any custom code yet, just updated CLSIDs in filters. The project compiled cleanly, signed it using authenticode and tried it out using "Add a Printer".

Initially, it appears as if installation is going well, windows even prompts with the 'Do you trust this publisher' prompt (the one for drivers) and when I click on "Install" then after a few seconds, I get this message.

There is No Error code, the log file in INF folder shows driver was installed. In "Print Management" under Drivers, I do see the driver. However, its not showing under printer? I've checked inf file multiple times against XPSDrvSample, copied gpd file from the XPSDrvSample (updated it ofcourse).

Windows 10, Visual Studio 2017 Pro, Windows SDK 10.0.17134.0, Platform Toolset 'WindowsApplicationForDrivers10.0'