Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Sept/Oct 2019 Issue of The NT Insider available

Download PDF here: http://insider.osr.com/2019/ntinsider_2019_01.pdf

It’s a particularly BIG issue, too: 40 pages of technical goodness, ranging from WDF to Minifilters. Check it out.
Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

Unspecified error when attempting to connect to test target machine

jguo5258jguo5258 Member Posts: 22
I am in desperate need of a solution to this problem. I had problems with my simple driver and I was originally very angry, but this is fucking unacceptable. When I try to connect to the vm, the connection fails and an error appears: unspecified error 0x80004005. Why can’t I connect to virtual box? It was working before

Comments

• rod_widdowsonrod_widdowson Member - All Emails Posts: 1,072

I feel, your pain, and understand your anger. Welcome to "test in production"

I have absolutely no first hand experience of virtual box, but I have encountered enough customer issues which were inexplicable except that it was v box so I’ll admit to a certain prejudice.

But anyway, connecting how? USB? Network? Serial? Something else (like KDVM) ? Not that knowing that will give me any leads, but it might help the ones who hang out in here who really speak windbg fluently...