Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV
Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Change block tracking of CSV volumes

SunilKumar_GuttaSunilKumar_Gutta Member Posts: 10

Hi All,

I'm trying to implement CBT volume filter driver for CSV volumes and went through this link **"https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Failover-Clustering/Cluster-Shared-Volume-CSV-Inside-Out/ba-p/371872" **.
Based on my understanding I attached to CSVVBus stack and metadata stack and I can track IOs happening on CSV volumes. Hope these two are correct places to track IOs of CSV volume. Can anyone please confirm if am on correct path.

Also I'm struggling to map the CSV volume device between CSVVbus and Metadata stack, is there any unique id maintained by OS which I can be used to map the CSV volume device on these stacks? On CSVVbus stack I'm seeing device name as \Device\CSVVolume0 and with GUID listed in mountvol and metadata stack it is like \Device\HarddiskVolumeX without GUID. From device tree I can see both devices has same Volume serial number, Can we securely rely on this field for mapping?

Thanks,
Sunil.