Which EV code sign cert is cheapest ?

The cheapest thing I’ve found so far is digicert (https://www.digicert.com/friends/sysdev/), click the link, then click “start”, it show me $104.00 USD per year.

But after I register an account and logon, I click the link above again, it redirect me to my personal home page, I can’t found the cheap price anymore.

According to this:

I contacted the digicert staff by e-mail and they told me that the price discount only allowed Microsoft internal staff to use it.

So I wonder about that, is the sysdevs means internal stuff ? And anybody know which is the cheapest EV code sign cert for personal developer (non-internal stuff) ?

the cheapest EV code sign cert for personal developer

You will not be able to get an EV Cert as a “personal developer” unless that includes you being an actual COMPANY.

Peter

Just curious, does a US DBA also work?

> the cheapest EV code sign cert for personal developer

You will not be able to get an EV Cert as a “personal developer” unless that
includes you being an actual COMPANY.

@“Peter_Viscarola_(OSR)” said:

the cheapest EV code sign cert for personal developer

You will not be able to get an EV Cert as a “personal developer” unless that includes you being an actual COMPANY.

Peter

I know, actually I means cheapest cert for COMPANY.

does a US DBA also work?

Yes. No. Maybe.

I’m assuming you mean an individual doing business via a DBA (as opposed to a corporation adopting a DBA… which is definitely a done thing).

In general, at least the way I understand it, the rule for EV is your business needs to be registered with the government somehow. If you can provide a copy of your business license, and you have a business address, you’re good to go.

Practically speaking, anybody legitimately “in business” in most US states will at least be an LLC (because of the legal protections this gets you, and the pretty much negligible costs and record keeping required). It’s pretty rare these days for somebody to just put up a sign as Peter Viscarola Software (or Peter Viscarola DBA Drivers Are Us). But the rules vary, sometimes drastically, by state.

Peter