UCSI Client Driver unloaded after completed UCSI requests

Hi~, I am writing an UCSI Client Driver serving the new RS5 UcmUCSICx. The purpose of driver is to serve as an EC, receiving UCSI request from Cx, talk to Power Delivery device through I2C and then use PD data to complete Cx’s request.
My issue right now is after client driver complete all pending request from Cx it was unloaded immediately. I am following this guideline to write client driver:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/usbcon/write-a-ucsi-driver

May I know in which scenario client driver will be unloaded? Is there any power configuration for queue/client driver to keep it at D0 state? The driver will became yellow band after several load and unloaded.

Thanks much for your help!

I am writing an UCSI Client Driver

Cool. I’m just replying to say that I’m jealous! I’ve never had the opportunity to write one of these. So, you already probably know that I’m not going to be able to be much help.

Let’s hope one of the other devs here as some experience with UCSI!

Peter

Let’s hope one of the other devs here as some experience with UCSI!

Still waiting for you guys generous help :slight_smile:

Still waiting for you guys generous help

It’s a new area, so I suspect it will be hard to find practical advice, unless one of the MSFT devs speaks up.

Peter

Hi~,
I have it resolved. Turn out the ppmObject that client driver use to send notification to Cx was null. Do a little code change and feature seems working ok now.
PS. If anyone have same issue I would be happy to share what I learned in details.