Pci driver for win 7 32bit

i am reading about driver development over the internet. i am having some confusion. can anyone clear my doubt ? i have a PCI driver for Win XP and i want to use that driver on win 7 as is it. is it feasible? or else we have to write driver from scratch for win 7 ? and also give some info about API difference between WDM and WDF framework. i am searching over internet regarding this but i am getting confused. please help Thanks & Regards

i have a PCI driver for Win XP and i want to use that driver on win 7 as is it.
is it feasible?

Well, the only valid answer that anyone can give you for that question is: It depends.

It depends on what the driver does. But, in general, “if it worked on XP then it will work on Win7” – In fact, you shouldn’t even have to rebuild it. The same binary should “just work” – for some meaning of the word “should.”

give some info about API difference between WDM and WDF framework.

WDM and WDF are fundamentally different approaches to writing drivers. WDM is the legacy way and far more difficult. Nobody writes WDM drivers for hardware devices anymore. It’s a pointless exercise in frustration and annoyance. WDF is a much more modern framework… with proper support for synchronizing PnP and Power operations. It was introduced in 2005. It’s very pleasant to use, and remarkably consistent.

I hope that helps,

Peter