Re: AWARENESS: NTFSD is Moving!

On 04/06/2018 15:32, xxxxx@osr.com wrote:

NTFSD is moving to a new platform.

Yes, that’s right… after 20+ years in its happy Lyris home we’re moving NTDEV, NTFSD, and WINDBG to a new, modern, community infrastructure.

We expect the move to take place within the next few weeks.

You can read more about it here:
https:</https:>

Well done for keeping email access. :slight_smile:

Mark Rousell

> Well done for keeping email access. :slight_smile:

Thank you. Honestly, it was not easy (and it’s costing us a ton of more money than we hoped).

Lots of places support email lists, but have a shit online forum interface… or have a great online forum interface but no email support. Or they’re AWESOME… and cost the earth (one place quoted us about $100K/year – seriously).

And there are lots of places that will host your listserv, but are small, unreliable, outdated, or just not good. There’s one site that we liked a LOT that’s run by ONE GUY. Seriously. He’s the entire company. I’m all for entrepreneurship, but good heavens… how do you tech support when the guy has the flu? I never DID determine if he was running his site from a Dell machine in his basement, either…

ANYhow… we heard loud and clear that keeping email access was as close to non-negotiable a requirement as the community could have. So… we kept searching and dealing until we found a great home.

I look forward to telling you more about it soon.

Peter
OSR
@OSRDrivers

On 04/06/2018 17:06, xxxxx@osr.com wrote:

> Well done for keeping email access. :slight_smile:
Thank you. Honestly, it was not easy (and it’s costing us a ton of more money than we hoped).

Lots of places support email lists, but have a shit online forum interface… or have a great online forum interface but no email support. Or they’re AWESOME… and cost the earth (one place quoted us about $100K/year – seriously).

And there are lots of places that will host your listserv, but are small, unreliable, outdated, or just not good. There’s one site that we liked a LOT that’s run by ONE GUY. Seriously. He’s the entire company. I’m all for entrepreneurship, but good heavens… how do you tech support when the guy has the flu? I never DID determine if he was running his site from a Dell machine in his basement, either…

ANYhow… we heard loud and clear that keeping email access was as close to non-negotiable a requirement as the community could have. So… we kept searching and dealing until we found a great home.

I look forward to telling you more about it soon.

Peter
OSR
@OSRDrivers

I’m very glad you found somewhere suitable. Thank you!

Mark Rousell