Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTFSD
Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

Need help in rescanning specific HBA

nkManoja_kumarnkManoja_kumar Member Posts: 3
Hi All,
I was wondering if there is any mechanism to re-scan specific HBA port from user space with IOCTL/API ? This is required for our user space implementation to issue HBA re-scan instead of whole storage stack refresh.

I had come across this IOCTL : IOCTL_SCSI_RESCAN_BUS IOCTL which is directed towards non-PNP drivers and it says as obsolete.
Apart from this In powershell, i figured out there is "Get-InitiatorPort" module which does list of all HBA/SCSI port's in system and Update-HostStorageCache (Diskpar | rescan) which does all volume/storage objects refresh. But, I found none of the user space API/component which can issue rescan on specific HBA. i.e. All driven by PnP mechanism only.

Am i missing something here ? Could someone help on this please.