Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV

Before Posting...

Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

extended attributes in kmdf filter driver

makrurisan_makkelnmakrurisan_makkeln Member - All Emails Posts: 99
I want information from KEYBOARD_EXTENDED_ATTRIBUTES structure. How can I get this? For some IOCTL_ my function is called but not for all.
I read about the Ioctl but can not find what must be configured that my function is called with IOCTL_KEYBOARD_QUERY_EXTENDED_ATTRIBUTES.

Comments

• makrurisan_makkelnmakrurisan_makkeln Member - All Emails Posts: 99
    I played more with keyboard IOCTL. If the user press the indicator keys, IOCTL_KEYBOARD_SET_INDICATORS is triggered and I want to tell that I have interest in this request and therefore I call WdfRequestRetrieveOutputMemory(Request, &outputMemory); but this function returns with error code STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL How can I extend the buffer for this request?
    By the way the InputBufferLength is 4 and this match exactly the KEYBOARD_INDICATOR_PARAMETERS structure.
    Should I call WdfRequestRetrieveInputBuffer?
  • makrurisan_makkelnmakrurisan_makkeln Member - All Emails Posts: 99
    I have it. I must use WdfRequestRetrieveInputMemory for the 'SET' IOCTL IRP.