CMake module for building drivers with Windows Development Kit (WDK)

Hi all,

Just wanted to share with the community my open source module that you can use to build kernel drivers and libraries using WDK and CMake: https://github.com/SergiusTheBest/FindWDK

I used it in one of my projects where the windows part had a driver and the whole project was CMake based. At first I used include_external_msproject but it was very inconvenient.

Cheers!

This is very nice, thankyou for sharing it. Generating the morass of XML that vs needs seems so much smarter than maintaining it by hand. In fact using this gives me the same nice feeling (/illusion :)) of “knowing what’s going on” as the older DDK’s SOURCES and DIRS file.

So just maybe FindWdk is the best of both worlds.

I just love the idea of a simple kernel mode project being two text files - source code and build script. It’s frustrating that windows kernel newbie’s will have to dig to find this and will spend many frustrating hours navigating check boxes and menu items, most of which will be irrelevant, to get anything done…

Thanks again,

jolyon

@jolyon_wright said:
This is very nice, thankyou for sharing it. Generating the morass of XML that vs needs seems so much smarter than maintaining it by hand. In fact using this gives me the same nice feeling (/illusion :)) of “knowing what’s going on” as the older DDK’s SOURCES and DIRS file.

So just maybe FindWdk is the best of both worlds.

I just love the idea of a simple kernel mode project being two text files - source code and build script. It’s frustrating that windows kernel newbie’s will have to dig to find this and will spend many frustrating hours navigating check boxes and menu items, most of which will be irrelevant, to get anything done…

Thanks again,

jolyon

Thank you for the positive feedback!