MUX N:1 IM driver on single physical nic

Hi, I am trying to implement a MUX N:1 driver based on the sample code provided online. By default, upon installing the sample driver, it creates one virtual miniport corresponding to each physical nic. I understand that notifyob has some role to play in this.

My requirement is to enable install this driver only on a single physical nic, and not all. The way I install the driver is by right clicking an adapter on the adapter settings page and installing the MUX driver as a protocol. This ends up creating one miniport on all physical nics. I want to only create miniports on a single physical nic. I understand that the notifyob code can be modified to handle this, but I am unsure on what all code needs to get updated for this.

Kindly help.

Thanks

The CMuxNotify::NotifyBindingPath() function is responsible for addition of adapters, since it calls the HrAddAdapter() function. Is this the correct point to filter out adapters that my driver shouldn’t add?
Also, the code comments mention that NETCFG_S_DISABLE_QUERY flag can be returned from CMuxNotify::QueryBindingPath() function, but the CMuxNotify::NotifyBindingPath() calls HrAddAdapter irrespective of this flag being returned or not.