Sensor Drivers on windows 10 give Error debug logs

I have Developed the sensor driver (accelerometer), its opening properly in the sensor info app and values are displayed properly in the sensor info app. But whenever I launch the sensor info app I get following Debug logs on debugview.

ERROR SensorGetFifoMaxSizeV2:PropKeyFindKeyGetUlong failed to get type!:0xC0000225
ERROR FindDefaultInterface:CM_Get_Device_Interface_List_Size failed:0x00000000, InterfaceListSize = 1
ERROR SensorOpenByType:Failed to open sensor error:0x0000007E
ERROR FindDefaultInterface:CM_Get_Device_Interface_List_Size failed:0x00000000, InterfaceListSize = 1
ERROR SensorOpenByType:Failed to open sensor error:0x00000490
Following properties I have set during initialization in my sensor driver.

Enumeration Properties:

DEVPKEY_Sensor_Type,DEVPKEY_Sensor_Manufacturer,DEVPKEY_Sensor_Model,

DEVPKEY_Sensor_ConnectionType,DEVPKEY_Sensor_PersistentUniqueId,DEVPKEY_Sensor_Category.

Supported Data-Fields:

PKEY_SensorData_Timestamp,PKEY_SensorData_AccelerationX_Gs,PKEY_SensorData_AccelerationY_Gs,

PKEY_SensorData_AccelerationZ_Gs.

Data is set accordingly,

Sensor Properties:

PKEY_Sensor_State,PKEY_Sensor_MinimumDataInterval_Ms,PKEY_Sensor_MaximumDataFieldSize_Bytes,PKEY_Sensor_Type.

Data field properties:

PKEY_SensorDataField_Resolution,PKEY_SensorDataField_RangeMinimum,PKEY_SensorDataField_RangeMaximum.

Thresholds values set accordingly.

I want to know why this error logs are printed here.

Am I missing any properties or data field to be registered?

xxxxx@gmail.com wrote:

I have Developed the sensor driver (accelerometer), its opening properly in the sensor info app and values are displayed properly in the sensor info app. But whenever I launch the sensor info app I get following Debug logs on debugview.

ERROR SensorGetFifoMaxSizeV2:PropKeyFindKeyGetUlong failed to get type!:0xC0000225

STATUS_NOT_FOUND.

0x7E is ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND, and 0x490 is ERROR_NOT_FOUND.

I want to know why this error logs are printed here.
Am I missing any properties or data field to be registered?

These are probably just optional properties.

Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Hi Jagadish

Upon start, SensorInfo attempts to instantiate all the sensors it was designed to monitor. Some of these sensors may not exist on the system. When SensorInfo tries to open a sensor that is not present on the system, the following errors are logged:

ERROR FindDefaultInterface:CM_Get_Device_Interface_List_Size failed:0x00000000,
InterfaceListSize = 1

These errors are benign (you may not have that sensor - whichever that sensor is - on your machine) and can safely be ignored.

If your accelerometer doesn’t support batching, the following error is also logged:

ERROR SensorGetFifoMaxSizeV2:PropKeyFindKeyGetUlong failed to get
type!:0xC0000225

Batching is optional, so you can also safely ignore this error.

In summary: provided your accelerometer driver works properly and the X, Y, Z data fields are reporting the correct data in SensorInfo, all the errors you are seeing are benign and can be ignored.

Thanks,
Jocelyn Berrendonner [MSFT]