Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Home NTDEV
Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

More Info on Driver Writing and Debugging

The free OSR Learning Library has more than 50 articles on a wide variety of topics about writing and debugging device drivers and Minifilters. From introductory level to advanced. All the articles have been recently reviewed and updated, and are written using the clear and definitive style you've come to expect from OSR over the years.

Check out The OSR Learning Library at: https://www.osr.com/osr-learning-library/

WFP verifier issue

rahul_naikrahul_naik Member Posts: 33
According to documentation for FWPM_LAYER_ALE_AUTH_CONNECT_REDIRECT,

"Starting with Windows 8, memory allocated for localRedirectContext will have its ownership taken by WFP, and will be freed when the proxied flow is removed."

But if verifier is ON then it gives bugcheck DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION with allocations not freed for the context.

Any solution for this?

Comments

• rahul_naikrahul_naik Member Posts: 33
    Can I add any exceptions in verifier for this?
  • rahul_naikrahul_naik Member Posts: 33
    Solved....Thanks.
  • khaykkhayk Member Posts: 1

Hey, I know this is a very old thread, but I thought it's worth asking the question here. I have encountered the same issue with the driver verifier.
    Could you please tell me how can I add exception for this? Verifier detects violation on my driver only if "Pool tracking" is only, and only for localRedirectContext field. Can we somehow enable "Pool tracking" but tell the verifier to ignore memory for the field localRedirectContext ?

Any help greatly appreciated! :smile:

• Gyani_LalGyani_Lal Member Posts: 10

Convincing DV to ignore leak from WFP callout driver doesn't look possible. Any info about how this issue got fixed will be really helpful. thanks