Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

[OSR-DETECTED-SPAM] RE: RE:[OSR-DETECTED-SPAM] Re: Re:MmMapLockedPagesSpecifyCache: Execption unde

Ken_JohnsonKen_Johnson Member - All Emails Posts: 1,559
It is not a bug; you are misusing the API. Kernel mode code trusts other kernel mode code to be correct.

If you were running with a checked build of your driver (on amd64) or a checked kernel (on other architectures), then you would have received an assertion failure telling you that you were misusing the API.

- S (Msft)

-----Original Message-----
From: xxxxx@lists.osr.com [mailto:xxxxx@lists.osr.com] On Behalf Of xxxxx@gmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:35 AM
To: Windows System Software Devs Interest List
Subject: RE:[ntdev] [OSR-DETECTED-SPAM] Re: Re:MmMapLockedPagesSpecifyCache: Execption under Server2003-32

Dear Members,

My driver is based on Plx9x5x sample.
There is no KeRaiseIrql nor KeLowerIrql in other places.

Upon IOCTL request (used to map kernel space to user space) I checked IRQL. It is 2 So I used KeRaiseIrql to make it 1.

I think it is a BUG that KeRaiseIrql helped me to make IRQL=1.

Can you tell what is the reason my IRQL is 2 upon IOCTL ?
I'm aware changing IRQL is wrong.
Can you suggest an alternative so that MmMapLockedPagesSpecifyCache will not cause exception ?

Thanks,
Zvika

---
NTDEV is sponsored by OSR

For our schedule of WDF, WDM, debugging and other seminars visit:
http://www.osr.com/seminars

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer