Getting test_signing error during VS11/Win8-WDK build

Hi

I see a certificate issue when doing a driver build that has test_signing enabled. Please let me knwo if you have any ideas how/where to proceed to resolev this.

It happens with all the Win8 preview builds.

SIGNTASK : SignTool error : No certificates were found that met all the given criteria. [C:\windows_driver-cvs\driver\driver.VcxProj]

RemoveUnsignedOutput:

Deleting file “…\CHK\WLH\x64\D60X64.sys”.

Deleting file “…\CHK\WLH\x64\D60X64.sys.manifest”.

Deleting file “…\CHK\WLH\x64\D60X64.pdb”.

FinalizeBuildStatus:

Deleting file “WindowsVistaDebug\x64\driver.unsuccessfulbuild”.

Touching “WindowsVistaDebug\x64\driver.lastbuildstate”.

Done Building Project “C:\Backup\windows_driver-cvs\driver\driver.VcxProj” (build target(s)) –

Build FAILED.

“C:\Backup\windows_driver-cvs\driver\driver.VcxProj” (build target) (1) ->

(DriverTestSign target) ->

SIGNTASK : SignTool error : No certificates were found that met all the given criteria. [C:\windows_driver-cvs\driver\driver.VcxProj]

0 Warning(s)

1 Error(s)

How are you setting up the project properties?

Did you generate a test signing certificate?

Peter
OSR

For MSBUILD.exe vcxproj I did not set anything explicit. I think the test_signing gets enabled by default. I did not have this issue initially. Once I moved to a different development system (Win7 Enterprise), I started seeing this issue. For now, on my develpoment/debug system I disabled test_signing like below.

SignMode=TestSign ? Description="Test Sign.
SignMode=ProductionSign ? Description="Production Sign.
SignMode=off ? Description="Turns off Signing.

I di dnot and when it used to compile well as well I did not generate any test CERT.
I just assumed it’s one of the VS11/Win8-WDK engancements - by default test_Sign the binaries and install the necessary CERTs as well (atleast on the development system on which I have the VS11/win8-WDK and on which I am compiling)

Which drop of the WDK are you using?

-----Original Message-----
From: xxxxx@lists.osr.com [mailto:xxxxx@lists.osr.com] On Behalf Of xxxxx@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 10:38 AM
To: Windows System Software Devs Interest List
Subject: RE:[ntdev] Getting test_signing error during VS11/Win8-WDK build

For MSBUILD.exe vcxproj I did not set anything explicit. I think the test_signing gets enabled by default. I did not have this issue initially. Once I moved to a different development system (Win7 Enterprise), I started seeing this issue. For now, on my develpoment/debug system I disabled test_signing like below.

SignMode=TestSign ? Description="Test Sign.
SignMode=ProductionSign ? Description="Production Sign.
SignMode=off ? Description="Turns off Signing.

I di dnot and when it used to compile well as well I did not generate any test CERT.
I just assumed it’s one of the VS11/Win8-WDK engancements - by default test_Sign the binaries and install the necessary CERTs as well (atleast on the development system on which I have the VS11/win8-WDK and on which I am compiling)

NTDEV is sponsored by OSR

For our schedule of WDF, WDM, debugging and other seminars visit:
http://www.osr.com/seminars

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer

It started happening on multiple WDKS 8161, 8171, 8148, 8140.

This is not the forum to get help for builds other than the developer preview. Please contact your ecosystem hw PM at Microsoft for help.

d

-----Original Message-----
From: xxxxx@lists.osr.com [mailto:xxxxx@lists.osr.com] On Behalf Of xxxxx@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 10:51 AM
To: Windows System Software Devs Interest List
Subject: RE:[ntdev] Getting test_signing error during VS11/Win8-WDK build

It started happening on multiple WDKS 8161, 8171, 8148, 8140.

NTDEV is sponsored by OSR

For our schedule of WDF, WDM, debugging and other seminars visit:
http://www.osr.com/seminars

To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer