Query on installation failure

Hi,
I am seeing an error CM_PROB_DRIVER_FAILED_PRIOR_UNLOAD while attempting to install Windows 2008 R2 using my driver as the boot driver. The server has two models of my hardware (say A and B) and a single driver manages both the models. Setupapi tells me that the following sequence of steps happened:

1. Model A is enumerated and driver is installed fine.
  2. Model B is enumerated and a copy-only install is performed.
  3. As part of installation of model B, the hardware instance for A and B are restarted. Restart is successful.
  4. Immediately I see a log indicating CM_PROB_DRIVER_FAILED_PRIOR_UNLOAD for model A. This results in the disk devices connected to model B not being shown as target installation disks.
    MSDN says that this error can happen if there are two AddService directives for the same driver in an inf file, which my inf file does. Changing this to a single section works fine.
    However I was trying to understand what is the issue with two AddService directives reference the same driver? One possibility is that the driver might have to be unloaded and reloaded as and when the different hardware models are installed. Is that the only reason or is there something beyond this?

Regards,
Girish.