Windows System Software -- Consulting, Training, Development -- Unique Expertise, Guaranteed Results

Before Posting...
Please check out the Community Guidelines in the Announcements and Administration Category.

c

Doron_HolanDoron_Holan Member - All Emails Posts: 10,435
d

dent from a phpne with no keynoard
d

Comments

  • Aram_Havarneanu-2Aram_Havarneanu-2 Member Posts: 161
    e?

    --
    Aram Hăvărneanu
  • Alex_GrigAlex_Grig Member Posts: 3,238
    buttdial?
  • Doron_HolanDoron_Holan Member - All Emails Posts: 10,435
    Pocket email :)

    d

    dent from a phpne with no keynoard

    -----Original Message-----
    From: xxxxx@broadcom.com <xxxxx@broadcom.com>
    Sent: October 08, 2010 7:29 PM
    To: Windows System Software Devs Interest List <xxxxx@lists.osr.com>
    Subject: RE:[ntdev] c


    buttdial?

    ---
    NTDEV is sponsored by OSR

    For our schedule of WDF, WDM, debugging and other seminars visit:
    http://www.osr.com/seminars

    To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer
    d
  • sunil_kumarsunil_kumar Member Posts: 103
    Hi All,

    I have one doubt regarding the copy right of BilkUSB!

    Actually we are using bulk as a sample for Developping our on Device Driver
    for Mass Storage Device.

    Though we have changed this driver almost completely for meeting our
    requirement and for stability scenarios. Only Skeleton of BilkUSB is there.

    Is there any issue of Licence Infringment??

    Thanks in Adavnce!!
    Regards
    Sunil
  • Tim_RobertsTim_Roberts Member - All Emails Posts: 13,002
    Sunil Kumar wrote:
    >
    > I have one doubt regarding the copy right of BilkUSB!
    >
    > Actually we are using bulk as a sample for Developping our on Device
    > Driver for Mass Storage Device.

    Why? As long as your device meets the USB Mass Storage Class spec, the
    standard driver will support it, and the people who wrote that are
    smarter than you are.

    > Though we have changed this driver almost completely for meeting our
    > requirement and for stability scenarios. Only Skeleton of BilkUSB is
    > there.
    >
    > Is there any issue of Licence Infringment??

    You can (and should) read the license agreement in the DDK's root
    directory, but this is what the samples are there for.

    --
    Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

    Tim Roberts, [email protected]
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

  • sunil_kumarsunil_kumar Member Posts: 103
    Hi Tim,

    Thanks for your reply!

    >>>Why? As long as your device meets the USB Mass Storage Class spec, the
    standard driver will support it, and the people who wrote that are
    smarter than you are.
    Yeah, I know!! People who wrote indeed smarter than me!! they are so smart
    that they not even open a source code because I might play around with
    them!! which is my requirement.

    Actually We are doing some kind of testing of Mass storage device which
    needs to play around Mass storage spec. Thats why!!

    Thanks anyways.

    Thanks and Regards
    Sunil




    On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Tim Roberts wrote:

    > Sunil Kumar wrote:
    > >
    > > I have one doubt regarding the copy right of BilkUSB!
    > >
    > > Actually we are using bulk as a sample for Developping our on Device
    > > Driver for Mass Storage Device.
    >
    > Why? As long as your device meets the USB Mass Storage Class spec, the
    > standard driver will support it, and the people who wrote that are
    > smarter than you are.
    >
    > > Though we have changed this driver almost completely for meeting our
    > > requirement and for stability scenarios. Only Skeleton of BilkUSB is
    > > there.
    > >
    > > Is there any issue of Licence Infringment??
    >
    > You can (and should) read the license agreement in the DDK's root
    > directory, but this is what the samples are there for.
    >
    > --
    > Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
    > Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
    >
    >
    > ---
    > NTDEV is sponsored by OSR
    >
    > For our schedule of WDF, WDM, debugging and other seminars visit:
    > http://www.osr.com/seminars
    >
    > To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at
    > http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer
    >
  • Mark_RoddyMark_Roddy Member - All Emails Posts: 4,306
    You are permitted to develop your own drivers for Windows based on WDK
    samples. That is the point of the samples. I am not a lawyer. The
    preceding is simply my opinion.

    Mark Roddy



    On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Sunil Kumar <xxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Hi Tim,
    >
    > Thanks for your reply!
    >
    >>>>Why? ?As long as your device meets the USB Mass Storage Class spec, the
    > standard driver will support it, and the people who wrote that are
    > smarter than you are.
    > Yeah, I know!! People who wrote indeed smarter than me!! they are so smart
    > that they not even open a source?code because I might play around with
    > them!! which is my requirement.
    >
    > Actually We are doing some kind of testing of Mass storage device which
    > needs to play around?Mass storage spec.?Thats why!!
    >
    > Thanks anyways.
    >
    > Thanks and Regards
    > Sunil
    >
    >
    >
    > On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:40 PM, Tim Roberts <xxxxx@probo.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> ?Sunil Kumar wrote:
    >> >
    >> > I have one doubt regarding the copy right of BilkUSB!
    >> >
    >> > Actually we are using bulk as a sample for Developping our on Device
    >> > Driver for Mass Storage Device.
    >>
    >> Why? ?As long as your device meets the USB Mass Storage Class spec, the
    >> standard driver will support it, and the people who wrote that are
    >> smarter than you are.
    >>
    >> > Though we have changed this driver almost completely for meeting our
    >> > requirement and for stability scenarios. Only Skeleton of BilkUSB is
    >> > there.
    >> >
    >> > Is there any issue of Licence Infringment??
    >>
    >> You can (and should) read the license agreement in the DDK's root
    >> directory, but this is what the samples are there for.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Tim Roberts, xxxxx@probo.com
    >> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
    >>
    >>
    >> ---
    >> NTDEV is sponsored by OSR
    >>
    >> For our schedule of WDF, WDM, debugging and other seminars visit:
    >> http://www.osr.com/seminars
    >>
    >> To unsubscribe, visit the List Server section of OSR Online at
    >> http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer
    >
    > --- NTDEV is sponsored by OSR For our schedule of WDF, WDM, debugging and
    > other seminars visit: http://www.osr.com/seminars To unsubscribe, visit the
    > List Server section of OSR Online at
    > http://www.osronline.com/page.cfm?name=ListServer
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upcoming OSR Seminars
Developing Minifilters 29 July 2019 OSR Seminar Space
Writing WDF Drivers 23 Sept 2019 OSR Seminar Space
Kernel Debugging 21 Oct 2019 OSR Seminar Space
Internals & Software Drivers 18 Nov 2019 Dulles, VA